Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Sanyo 42" plasma tv wont turn on. The power light comes on

Customer Question

sanyo 42" plasma tv wont turn on. The power light comes on but nothing happens. If i unplug the tv for an hour or so it works for about 10 seconds then turns off. I have taken off the back panel of the tv and could not see any capacitors bulging. What should i check next? Model #DP42746 serial #B6350912419829
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, Not much you can check since you viewed the capacitors and they look fine unless you have a multi-meter. However the symptoms you have indicate a fault in the Mainboard of the TV (if there is no response from the power button and the power light simply remains lit.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The power light goes out if you turn the power off. When you turn it on again the power light turns on but nothing happens. There is a light that flashes four times repeatedly behind the back panel of the tv. I do have a multi meter and would like more info to diagnose the problem. Thank you.