Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Samsung LN-T5265F hdtv that temporarily has a

Customer Question

I have a Samsung LN-T5265F hdtv that temporarily has a distorted image and had vertical lines at all times. I'm assuming it's the T-con board but not completely sure
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Does the distorted picture correct itself after some time?

- Do you get normal sound from TV speakers?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It does correct itself after some time and yes it does get sound
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, distorted image mostly comes due to failing capacitors on power supply board, click the link to view power board image OR T-Con board and vertical lines issue is bit serious as it could be either bad t-con board or display panel itself.

Please inspect capacitors on power supply board and replace bad capacitors or entire power supply board, t-con board replacement will help to confirm if display panel (screen) is good or has got internal problem that causing vertical lines and if screen found bad then it would be end of this TV because replacement display panel is no longer available due to age of TV.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I know what amp for the 250v fuses in the power supply board to get?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

I'm not sure why you're looking to replace fuse, anyway fuse rating would be 8A 250V for this TV.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The metal tape covering the tcon board touched the circuits and blew one of the fuses while I was examining the tcon board
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Blew one of the fuses?

Can you give me more info about that fuse as where it is located and what is location code of that fuse like FS801 or FS802 etc?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't have the board in front of me anymore, but it is right next to the pin connector that is supplying power to the board
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

You mean it is glass tube fuse (two fuses) located near the connector where TV power cord plugs in power supply board?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but they are ceramic
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Please check attached image of power supply board where I marked the two fuses with yellow arrows, are we talking about these fuses?

If so then fuse rating is stamped near the fuse holder and it would be 8 Amp.

Also, please do not unplug/ disconnect or remove any board or connector in TV while TV power cord is plugged in wall socket.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it is those I made that mistake already which is why one of them blew out
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm just having a difficult time finding what store I could buy them at because RadioShack does not carry them
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, fuse rating is 8A, try following Amazon link to order the fuse..

http://www.amazon.com/Qty-5x20mm-Slow-Blow-Ceramic-Fuse/dp/B004GFE2MC

OR get box carrying different rating fuses including 8A

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-5x20mm-Quick-Fast-Blow-Glass-Assorted-Fuse-Amp-0-2A0-5A1A2A3A5A6A8A10A15A-/141439289274

Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok so I have replaced the fuses but now there's a clicking noise and the tv will not turn on but the standby light is on
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

OK, clicking noise would be coming from relay on power board and it seems main power section has got damaged due to short circuit while you were removing metal plate off of t-con board. You need to replace power board in TV to get previous symptoms in TV then swap the t-con board to see if it helps to get normal picture or we are looking at bad display panel as I explained in my previous reply before the short circuit occurred.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have also heard that bad capacitors are a common issue with these televisions, could that not be the issue?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

I agree, this model has bad capacitors issue on power board so replacement of power board will eliminate the capacitor issue as well.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can I not just replace the capacitors?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Not now because power board has got more problem due to short circuit that is why you get clicking sound from it.