Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Sr. I have a Emerson model RLF391EM4 an I have a red standby

Customer Question

Hello sr. my name is***** have a Emerson model RLF391EM4 an I have a red standby light but my set wont come on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having probs here please initially unplug the set from the wall wait 5 miins then replug the set back in again is there any change ?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That didnt solve my problem

No I did not expect it to, but it needs to be done first

You cant switch the set ON manually at the set itself?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No or by remote

The next stage is the set has a problem inside likely to be a board issue now what this means is the back of the set will need to come off some visual and voltmeter checks are made we decide what board is bad and then the board is ordered do you think you can do this work yourself?I will be happy to provide all the relevant info you need, let me know please.

I am sorry its nothing easier

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The set is mounted thanks

Yes I understand and this is a lot of hassle but the set will need to come down whoever works on it, I am sorry I do not have any other options I am afraid there are none the set will need work, if you think you are practical to do this (its not every ones bag) then let me know, otherwise you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate an approved tech in your area

Let me know if you need more help or I can do anything else

Anthony

PS please remember to rate the answer positively thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Set down back off how might I tell witch board needs replaced?

Remember I said visual and voltmeter checks are needed, so the first visual check is that of the power-board you need to make sure all the capacitors on here are good like in the graphic below

http://snag.gy/sLY2F.jpg ,,click

Check to make sure they are not leaking/ballooned up/raised domed tops

Then report back, the power-board is found by tracing the power cord to it

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Looks normal no swelling or leaks

locate the main-board that's the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Regards

Anthony

Do you still need help please?if we are done could you please rate the answer positively thank you so I receive credit from the site thank you

Anthony