Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our tv went off, had a red light and we couldn't get to come

Customer Question

our tv went off, had a red light and we couldn't get to come on, now we we have no light and it acts like it has no power. we have a Panasonic vera
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , please send me a hello when you see this ?
I would also require the tv`s model number please ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello model number p50g10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Panasonic p50g10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get this?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry , something came up while waiting for your reply last night and i had to step out.

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I googled and tried many things from holding the power button for several seconds to reset the tv and hoping the light would switch to green, we actually unplugged the tv all night to see if that would do the trick and when I plugged it back in it went back to the red blinking light, I really though it went in to sleep mode because I had paused the tv and it had been on pause longer than I had expexted. When I came back in the tv was off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unless you can tell me something different I think I have answered my own questions and we will have to try and change out the power supply capacitor. and if this is the case I hope you are not going to charge me for doing my own troubleshooting
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Yes those famous capacitors all over the web

Good luck with that and i will opt out now .

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you charging me?