Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have at 50or 60 inch tachi tv it was working fine turned i

Customer Question

i have at 50or 60 inch hitachi tv it was working fine turned i off won't turn back on model number is ***** i have serial number if you need it its 9 to ten years old what do you think any pointers
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , please send me a hello when you see this ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Hi , this is a plasma tv

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

O.k then in that case the very first suspect would be the power board.

Did you wish to look into this yourself or simply would like to have an idea of what is involved and the costs of repair ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no is there a reset could i put in the new power board or is there a reset anywhere there was no power outages or anything like that
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Sorry but if the tv is completely dead then no reset button available on this .

This is a plasma tv and after you`ve installed a new power board you would need to adjust the VA and VS voltage s on it .

This is not plug & play , it will require trimming .

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

sorry if that is not an easy solution but I`m a tech. and give straight answers ,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
is it worth and how much do you think it would cost to fix it
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i was kinda of waiting to get one of those new tvs that are curved and filmed in the special new hd
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

The power board itself cost around $100 if you were to buy it yourself and then you could be looking at perhaps another $150 to have a tech replace it for you.

I`d say that if you had your eyes on that new model then this would be a better investment for that $250 + instead of fixing this one

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

If you want more details on this let me know and I will be happy to answer .

If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Still need help on this ?