Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 30+ inch JVC tv that I have wall mounted. I

Customer Question

i have a 30+ inch JVC tv that I have wall mounted. I recently moved and now I can't find the power supply. the sticker on back was damaged in move and all I can see is the serial no TH1DEA033001385 but without model no I can't order replacement power supply
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: does he have a majic want? wand?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.

JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two. Continue >>
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. We cannot locate anything using the serial number off the back of the TV, but that's okay. JVC only made two sizes that used an external power supply adapter- a 32" and a 37" both used the same one. It's a 19 volt DC switchmode supply, using standard 2.1mm barrel plug for the TV inlet, and it can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.amazon.com/GEP-Replacement-Adapter-Supply-Monitor/dp/B00CJU082E

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Alternatively a universal Laptop power supply adapter (available from Staples, Best Buy or even WalMart) can be purchased in a store- set to the 19 volt setting (they have a selectable switch) and used with this TV. They are all at least 3 amp rating, which will work fine for the TV's backlight circuit and be usable with the set.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.