Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Need to know what cable can I use to connect my mac book pro

Customer Question

Need to know what cable can I use to connect my mac book pro lab top to and older model panasonic TV with out a HDMI connection
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Hi Derrick and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...panasonic TV..." The Panasonic TY-SP50P8WK is a TV stereo speaker kit.

Please confirm that it has at least a VGA / D-SUB 15 PC IN port at the rear. If yes, then an "Apple Thunderbolt to VGA Adapter" would be needed + a VGA cable.

Click HERE or HERE and something like the cable HERE.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I found the model number...TH-50PH9UKserial number-LB6283021
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Appreciate the additional information Derrick.

And the above adapter + cable information would hold true. Please see connection diagram below or HERE.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The adapter is so short, I want be able to connect my PC, is there a longer cable to add to it....Where do I find the other cable that you mention I needed
?
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

As posted above, " ...the cable HERE..." is for a 15' version while HERE for 25'. (please click on the linked HERE)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Great Derrick!

Glad that the above information served your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept (if haven't done so).

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got the adapter and cable....its connected! Cant get picture on screen...
Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Please try lowering the screen resolution of the 'mac book pro lab top' to 1024 × 768 when the TV's aspect mode is set to “NORMAL” or 1366 × 768 when the aspect mode is set to “FULL”.

Expert:  Louie replied 9 months ago.

Any updates Derrick?