Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Pioneer plasma Pro-507PU Elite TV with all pioneer

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer plasma Pro-507PU Elite TV with all pioneer periferals with a Verizon Fios set box. I have sound, but no picture. If I toggle the remote "info" button, I get the Verizon program description on the bottom of the screen.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. If you have the program description at the bottom of the screen, this means the issue is the Verizon box. The TV only displays what the box is sending it, so if the TV were the problem, you would not get any program info at all on the screen.

Since the issue is within the Verizon box (and is something I've seen several times), you would need to first reboot the box by disconnecting it from power, then plugging it back in. Once it reboots (which can take a few minutes) check and see if you can get any programming on the screen. If not, try the reboot once more, and if that does not wok then you will need to call Verizon at the number on your bill- since their box is what is not processing the broadcastings properly and would need to have the signal refreshed, or the box swapped out.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you need further help once you're able to see my reply.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Let me explain- the programming info, and programming itself, is all generated within the Verizon box- and then sent to the TV. The TV displays what the box sends to it. If only the channel info is showing, then the box is not processing the programming itself- the TV has no way of knowing the difference between the programming and the channel info- it's simply displaying what the box is sending to it.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I have seen this exact issue many times- in fact the last house I installed in, two out of the 4 cable boxes had this issue. I rebooted each of them twice- and once eventually came up- the other needed to be replaced. So, your TV is not the cause of the problem. If the reboot doesn't work, then you simply need to contact Verizon for this issue- as that is something on their end.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.