Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Tv turned off black screen no response from remote. Cable is

Customer Question

Tv turned off black screen no response from remote. Cable is on. Other sets work
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are you saying that the TV's original remote will not pull up MENU options on the TV either?

Also, what color is the power light currently on the TV?

If you press any of the buttons on the side of the set (MENU, or Input), will these things show on the screen?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The symptoms you have point towards a hardware fault within the set, and generally require repairs.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need further help once you see my reply.