Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

You turn it just blackness and the light where the word

Customer Question

You turn it just blackness and the light where the word vizio is
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pryer 2weeks ago it turn off an I turn it back on it happen several times
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
M650VSE

OK

Does the sound stay ON?

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No sound. No menu. Tried switching input and that didn't work.

OK can you see any visible light at all on the display even in a dark room?

If you do not press the menu button of the sets own remote control ,shine a flashlight at 45 degree angle can you see the menu where the light strikes the display?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
One time I was able to see in a dark room but after that I never saw it again. I don't have a flashlight but I tried using an iphone flashlight app and I didn't see anything.

Well from what you just said its either a back light issue or a t-con board issue some checks will need to be made to verify that properly if you think you can do work yourself I will be happy to help you with it, you will need a meter and be able to use it, ultimate it will lead to replacing a board in the set (t-con or power at this time)

Let me know if you can do this

If you are not comfortable with that you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area

I am sorry its nothing easier

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you still need help please?if we are done could you please rate the answer positively so I receive credit from the site thank you

Anthony