Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

46 inch Sony tv has been working great until this afternoon.

Customer Question

46 inch Sony tv has been working great until this afternoon. The little green on light started blinking so I turned the tv off and on until the green light stayed on. The tv began to work and the part of the screen displayed coloured stripes and no picture. Right now half of the screen is black and the other half Isco
Lured stripes
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

The stripes you're seeing on the screen generally indicate a "failure" of a component. Either the "Source" (meaning the Cable Box or HDMI cable) have failed or the failure is within the TV itself.

To rule out whether the TV or the source is the root cause of the problem, please grab the original Sony remote and press the HOME/MENU button. See if the TV's MENU will display. We use this test in the field to determine if the issue is within the TV itself as the MENU supersedes all other settings and connections to the set.

If the MENU will not display, then please tell me hold old the TV is, and also the full model number off of th back of the TV if possible.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help after you read my reply.