Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a LG 37"HD. model #32LC7D the problem im having now

Customer Question

I have a LG 37"HD. model #32LC7D the problem im having now is when its turned on by the tv it blinks red, green constantly and does not come on. Could it be a short in the power button? HELP!!!!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you`re ready ?

Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

T

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Never mind the posting from Anthony , the website is acting up and it wasn`t meant to be here

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

What was playing when this happened , was it a game or the tv just turned on like that today ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it has been like this for sometime
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

O.k then i dont know what you tried so far and i will have a couple of things for you to try but i must say first that i don`t think there will be a solution beside replacing the main board

The main board`s eeprom is now stuck on a self test and there is little hope of getting it out of it .

Be right back

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

first thing to try ;
Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.
Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.
If that does not do it then i`ll have something else but that will require the tv`s original remote

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Im sorry to waste your time and mine, but the tv came on. every time its turned on i just wait for the blinking to stop and the tv comes on.
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

how do you mean the reset worked ?

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

The tv has been like that for quite some time you said so that would mean the reset worked

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did not reset it, i just leave it on blinking and sometimes it takes hours or not to come on
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

If this was something gradual (which you did no mention to start with ) then it will come back and I know what is causing this , just let me know

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

At some point the tv will no longer start at all no matter how long you let it blink

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Unplug it for the night and see if it will come back on tomorrow , do not close this post yet , the money is still yours , that was just a deposit

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok, im aware of that. If that should happen it will not make sense to get it fixed. the game systems are not the problem?
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

O.k then i will answer your question and hope you will use the rating system so i get compensated for my time .

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

What you have is a dying power board in your tv , namely weak vented capacitors on it and it would be easy enough for a tech to replace 2 or 3 of them but you are correct , the cost of repair would not warrant it on this older tv .

The answer is NO about the game , it has nothing to do with that .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you have answered my question. I did not sign up for any free trial. i will not be getting in touch about this again. Thank you
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Got your answer for free and as you said above waisted my time , thank you !