littlerusty2005
littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.
63817454

Our Samsung DVD player was working yesterday, I ejected a

Customer Question

Our Samsung DVD player was working yesterday, I ejected a video then it wouldn't play the next one.I didn't turn it off in between.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems.

What exactly happened when you put the next DVD in for the player to play?

What do you see on your TV screen?

Also what is the model number off the player (usually on a sticker on the back, or on the right top corner on the front)?

Additionally, how long have you owned it for?

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Did you need help with this question?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The empty drawer came out before the blue light went on. the loading info signal seemed slower than usual. machine is about 2 yr old
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay, not quite understanding here. So what happens if you put a disc in the open drawer, hit Close and then Play?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i am not where the machine is I am where a computer is instead.It wont play a next video it shows video music and other choices it will still play a music cd.
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I can help you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not receiving your messages

There could be a couple of things going on here. First, it could just be bad timing, that your laser eye decided to go out. It uses different lasers, one for CDs and one for DVDs. If it still plays CDs, then the player is fine, it's somewhere in the DVD laser section that is messed up.

The other reason is it could be that your processor that has frozen on your DVD laser IC. Unplug the unit, and hold the power button for one minute. Plug it back in, and tell me if there are any changes.

Emails will not always go through, so please check this page often for my reply.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We tried unplugging the power strip that the dvd player is connected to, we reset the power str, but it didn't play after that.ip to restart the dvd machine

What is the model number, and how long have you had it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is there a way to reprogram the laser if I might have bumped a wrong button by accident?

That's what I need the model number for.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will have to go back to the house to get the model number.

Bookmark this page, and email yourself the link so you can get back to me. Once I have that, I'll be able to advise you further.