Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I am unable to change the channel from channel 62.1 or 62.2.

Customer Question

I am unable to change the channel from channel 62.1 or 62.2. When I keep pushing the channel rocker button in the remote, the channel just alternates from channel 62.1 to channel 62.2. This all came on suddenly. Also, the picture sometimes just spontaneously "scrambles", even though I know the signal strength from the tower is strong. What can I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you`re ready ?
Also ,could you please give me the tv`s model number ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry, I am at work and I dont have the model number. It is a white, 19 inch Vizeo and that's all I know right now. I may have it at home.
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Yes that model number would be on the back cover and reason for asking it was to lookup the channel search procedure but if you already know how its done then after double checking your antenna and its wiring that is what I would try first .

Otherwise that " scrambles" may point to a defective tuner on the tv .

In that case you can easily get a cheap alternative like a digital tv converter

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Here is such a converter , that would go between the tv and antenna and this one even records ;

http://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, I tend to agree that the tuner is defective. No more information needed. How much will my card be charged? I do not agree to the extra $18.
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

You probably received a phone offer , never mind that , it was automated from the website not me .

Other than that sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

For more info on that subject look this up ; http://ww2.justanswer.com/help
1.***-***-****

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

By the way , your vizio must be the E190va or E191va model and the main board where the tuner is mounted can be bought for $40 , here is an example ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-cbpftqbcb2k00802-main-board-for-e190va.htm