Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Sony television remote with the no RM- GD005 which

Customer Question

I have a Sony television remote with the no RM- GD005 which does not work very well. Can it be replaced?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. The original remote can be purchased at the link below for your set, for almost $80 (which is quite expensive). However there are other options that are much less money- such as purchasing a universal remote that supports Sony TV's (which most do). A universal remote will support all basic functions of the TV (channel changing, volume, Input, MENU, etc.). I will post both options below for you.

Here is the OEM Sony remote for your set:

http://www.tvremotes.com.au/sony-remotes/original-sony-remote-control-rm-gd005-rmgd005

Universal Philips remote:

http://www.dicksmith.com.au/tv-remote-controls/philips-unvsl-remote-srp4004-dsau-gh3044

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance once you see my reply.