Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I tried what you suggested. Unplug TV, hold power button

Customer Question

I tried what you suggested Richard. Unplug TV, hold power button down 60 sec., wait 10 min.,plug back in, turn on. The same symptoms occur, green light comes on, screen stays black. Any other suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Is this on a plasma or on an LCD/Led. If it is the latter, it could be a problem with the back light or backlight inverters. To find out, look closely at the screen and use a flash light on it to see if you can find even a hint of a picture. If you can, then it is probably just the backlight inverters. If not, it will be something more serious - one or more of the boards, or the panel itself.