Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Have a Samsung UN60D7000VFXZA plugged in standby light on.

Customer Question

Have a Samsung UN60D7000VFXZA plugged in standby light on. When I power on TV , hear click screen flash, click screen flash,,repeatedly wont shut off till I pull the plug
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions , let me know when you`re ready ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ready
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello ready!!!
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Yes , got busy while waiting for you , I`m here now

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?
Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call me5169037162
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

if you received a phone offer it was automated from the web site ,not from me and in any case I cannot just call you like that , it has to be done through the website apparatus .

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

This tv should have a small joystick/button at the rear lower left side if no other control panel buttons

While the tv is doing that cycling , if you press and hold that button , will the tv turn off ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have to unplugged
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then I`m afraid that not too many things will cause the problem you have now on this particular model/serie .

You have a defective LED array and this is serious electronics now , not exactly what I would recommend as a DIY unless you are very handy with a meter

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we're is this array and what do I have to order to fix it
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

That is lined at the back of the panel and there will be a common point on a circuit that receivers the 70 volts or so from the power board , at this point nowhere to be found and you will have to pull the lcd panel apart to get to it.

Usually one or two of the 11 strips will have gone defective .

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Let me check with samsung directly

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Your tv`s version number will have to be checked then the numbers on the parts themselves but here is an idea ;

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BN96-19621A.aspx?model=UN60D7000VFXZA