Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have a PN50C540G3F 50" Samsung plasma tv with several

Customer Question

I have a PN50C540G3F 50" Samsung plasma tv with several horizontal lines. I want to know what I need in order to do this repair on my own.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've tried resetting all of the ribbon cables and it has made no difference.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
re-seating
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

That would be my first suggestion - the cables. If that didn't help, check the menus - do the menus show up properly or do they also have the lines? If the menu shows up correctly, then it is the main board. If not, start checking the voltages - first the vs and VA voltages on the power supply and make sure they match the voltages on the sticker inside the case

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I check the voltages?

With a multimeter, if you have one. If not, or if you are not familiar with doing this, then I would not suggest doing it yourself since the voltages in the TV are potentially lethal.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've worked with outlets, switches and even high voltage (240 v) connections. I'm a handy guy as long as I have good directions.
I have access to a multimeter I would just need to figure out where the connections are and which are positive/negative.
Perhaps I can attach a photo once I open the TV up again.
Thanks!

Sure.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Could you direct me to where I would check the voltages? And if it is the power supply where I find the part number to check how much it would be to replace it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Sorry. I had an internet outage for a few days. It is finally fixed.

I would take a look at this video which shows you how to test the voltages on a Samsung. If you haven any doubt, don't do it. The voltage and currents are very high.

http://bitli.es/ZGS0IL