Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a sony KDL-46XBR4 that has the left 1/3 picture okay

Customer Question

I have a sony KDL-46XBR4 that has the left 1/3 picture okay while the tight 2/3 has a shadow over it but can still make out the picture on it. tried brightness and backlight adjustments,nothing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. I'm very familiar with these faults on Sony sets, and in many cases it's the LCD panel that's failing (the lighting within the screen is prone to this problem).

However just to make sure, please reply back with the following:

1) Does the screen issue occur with ALL sources (Cable/SAT box, DVD, etc.)?

2) If you pull up the Sony's native MENU (Home/Menu on the Sony remote), does the MENU also appear with the shadow over it on the right 2/3?

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you need assistance once you're able to see my reply.