Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Tv has six colors of lines and picture doesn't line up and

Customer Question

Tv has six colors of lines and picture doesn't line up and the middle of picture is missing can that be fixed
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Model # ***** Cable, hdmi1,2 yes all
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the info. Can you provide me picture of TV to view the issue myself which will help to diagnose the issue quickly?

Click 'add-file' link below the box where you type the reply to attach picture file in this thread.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. This kind of problem occurs due to failure of EEPROM (Memory) chip which has been stuck on test-pattern (6 colors lines), this chip is mounted on main board and replacement of either EEPROM chip or main board in TV will help to resolve the problem.

EEPROM chip replacement requires soldering work with proper tools and expertise and main board replacement is rather simple work, no soldering required. Please click following supplier link to get required part/board..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=elefw504

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?

Thanks.