Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

My name is ***** *****, i have a lg 60pv250 model plasma the

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****, i have a lg 60pv250 model plasma the power led lights up but no picture
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when plugged in the tv makes a clicking sound and thats it i have researched about the y and z sus boards
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Have you been able to measure the VA and vs voltages when you turn the TV on?, I would check those against the voltages stayed on the sticker inside the TV, and also whether they stay at a steady voltage or if one or both decrease and how quickly.

Are you getting any picture at all? If not, it can be a few things. It could be the main or logic board. It could also be the panel. The latter is very expensive. To fix, but it is also the least likely. A bad Sustain board will usually leave you with something on the screen, but not always. The first thing I would do is to measure those voltages to verify that the power supply is working properly. That is the most likely culprit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have unhooked each of the y sus board and x sus board to check based on the clicking sound
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what panel?

The panel with the picture on it.