Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Is my PRO-920HD compatible with a Amazon Fire TV OR a Roku

Customer Question

Is my PRO-920HD compatible with a Amazon Fire TV OR a Roku device
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, In short- yes and no is the answer to your question. The Pioneer does not support full 1080P or HDMI V1.4, s you will likely have a hard time getting an Amazon Fire, or Roku using the HDMI option to display. However you can purchase the Roku with AV connection options which will work just fine on this set. The Roku XDS supports both HDMI and component video (component video is the analog form of High Def- but not inferior at all to 720P HDMI). As far as the Amazon Fire TV- this will be trickier because the Fire Stick (the box is no longer available) does not support anything other than HDMI, so a converter may be needed in most cases.

The reason being is that the Pioneer PDP uses an older form of HDMI which is not up to the current protocol, so while you may get "Some" movies and shows to display, the HDCP layer encoded on others will not allow playback on the Pioneer.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.