Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Captgs Feb 14, 13:31 Name: *********** Email:

Customer Question

Captgs
Feb 14, 13:31
Name: Gary ***********
Email: *****************
Question:
I have a Sony KDL-40Z4100 Bravia LCD TV, S/N(###) ###-####(made July 2008), Condition is white screen picture (all channels), I can still see faint moving images, sound still works. Is this just a bad T-con?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

Yes, replacing the T-con board is certainly the first suspect. However a technician would actually measure voltages beforehand and there is always a chance the problem is actually the display panel. If you are not able to measure the voltages then replacing the T-con board is the first thing you would want to do.

Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,