Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I am having trouble with the volume on my tv

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave you the wrong no. Its(###) ###-####
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Phone call may not help without having basic info so please reply with requested info as follows..

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv is hooked up to cable box only. Volume on remote goes to 60 and I can barely hear it
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am handicapped and cannot get to the back of the TV to unplug it. I will have a caregiver here tomorrow who could help me with this. Anything else you can suggest for tonight?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about that. Switching off the power stripe/ wall outlet will work as well to reset the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** back with the result to proceed further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I waited 10 minutes. Didn't help though. Next??
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to hear that, we need to verify the TV by connecting another video source to it such as DVD player etc, this will help to confirm if the sound problem is within TV or connected cable box is sneding out low sound signal for some reason.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have anything right now. When I turn the tv down and the no. gets to about 35, I cannot hear the tv. Could it have anything to do with how it's muted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there an owner's manual available?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please click following link to download TV user manual copy for detailed operating instructions..

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/pdf/H401_manual.pdf

Above requested DVD playback test will help to determine where the problem lies, if it is in TV then need to replace circut board where sound processor/ circuit is located to resolve the issue.
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since there is no solution, am I being charged for this?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I gave you diagnosis and solution info in previous reply, it is not possible for me to put my hands on TV from here to connect a DVD or replace defective board through internet. However, if you don't wish to pay the contact customer service for billing as I have no control over such matters and leave the question unrated.

Thanks.