Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

What is a USB hdd Panasonic tv th65CX640A? where can you get

Customer Question

what is a USB hdd for a Panasonic tv th65CX640A?
where can you get them
can you use a computer USB with photos on it to view on tv when inserted into the USB port
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this .

The answer to that is NO i`m afraid , you can connect an external hard drive or memory stick but not a PC directly no more than you could connect 2 PC together with a USB cable .

What you can do is connect a HDMI though if your pc or laptop does have such a port , then your tv becomes the second monitor

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

The HDMI is as easy to connect as a USB cable and would give you the advantage on controlling what is ahpping through the PC , not the other way around as if you had a hard drive connected to the tv

Expert:  Jack replied 9 months ago.

About the USB hard drive ;

That is the same thing used for computer as external drive for backups for example .

You can get those online or at any stores selling computer equipment , here is an example , click the link below;

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOSHIBA-CANVIO-1TB-2-5-Portable-Hard-Disk-Drive-USB-3-0-NEW-External-HDD-MAC-/161872035701?hash=item25b0533f75:g:mRgAAOSwAYtWMKzc

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you