Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Just replaced the power module plasma tv and it did not fix

Customer Question

Just replaced the power module for my plasma tv and it did not fix the issue (tv turns on and off by itself)
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately it looks like you've replaced the wrong part. An issue of turning on and off by itself is not a power supply issue, it is almost always the result of faulty eeprom on the main board. This is the part to replace: BN94-04689A

Unfortunately though that part is discontinued and does not appear to be available from any online seller at the moment. You may want to set up a stock alert on shopjimmy for it as well as a search alert on ebay for the part number.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Did you need any more help with this?