Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Model 42 FL370D/7 TV and it came on and it only

Customer Question

I have a Model 42 FL370D/7 TV and it came on and it only went to the Phillips Screen and will go no further. I have unplugged it let it sit for 5 min and when it came back on it was still stuck at the Phillips screen.
Is there a way to re-program it or by-pass this
Thank You *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.

Unfortunately there is no other reset except unplugging the power cord for a while. At this point the "main" board inside the tv needs to be replaced. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further.

If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. A shop charges $125 to come diagnose the problem and hand you an estimate. Then another $175 in parts and labor. So the total can be $300 (or more).

I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.

Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other paying customers.

Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Expert:  Mike G. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?