Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have purchased 6 pairs of panasonic TYEW3D3 glasses and

Customer Question

I have purchased 6 pairs of panasonic TYEW3D3 glasses and all are doing the same thing.
I was under the impression the red light should blink showing it's charging. .but I get the light blinking for only a couple of minutes, then no red light.
I do get to see in 3D if the glasses are plugged in, once removed the 3D effect is lost
Its hard to believe that all 6 pairs do not work.
I know it works on IR and maybe there's interference? ? I'm frustrated with the whole thing
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.

- Could you please elaborate "I do get to see in 3D if the glasses are plugged in, once removed the 3D effect is lost", you mean plugged in to charger?

- How old are the glasses?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I plug my glasses in via usb into tv they charge for the couple minutes
( and blink ) I can get 3D then, but as soon as I remove the plug lights go out (no blinking ) & no 3D
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

- Any idea, How old are the glasses?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No way to tell really. But the glasses that are compatible with this tv came out in 2011. Now I did hear that there's a safety sleep mode for the battery inside this particular pair, but panasonic didn't make it easy to wake up the battery or replace.
I think that this is the reason and I'm about to abort this brand and go with a universal pair. But I'd really like to get the pairs I have working. Can you find out if there's any validity to the battery on "sleep" mode
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If this sleep mode is the key and cannot be woken up then no pair that's been used will work because they are all going to be from 2011 or so. What sucks is the glasses I bought all said we're new and we're all in boxes. So I have 6 pairs that are NO GOOD.. NOW WHAT?
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the info, there is no sleep mode in glasses and it seems the chargeable battery in glasses has been weaken/ not storing enough charge to work for longer time that is why it works when plugged a charger/ into USB port of TV to get charge volts. Related service manual of glasses doesn't provide any further breakup for repairing or part number of battery etc so it depends on if you could take i apart to see what type of battery it has and if it is available separately to get it replaced.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective battery replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about the glasses repair. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I thought I heard there was no way without ruining the glasses. So I don't understand how they can sell something new that doesn't work and no plan to replace or fix. I'm so frustrated with this whole thing. I don't really know what my next step is
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

The glasses you have are around 5 years old and I'm talking about the battery inside glasses that holds the charge, as you would know every battery has limited life span and it seems the battery inside glasses has exhausted that is why doesn't store charge to keep the glasses circuitry working. Please check with following Panasonic Shop link to get fresh glasses..

http://shop.panasonic.com/support-only/TY-EW3D3MU.html

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What's panasonics stand on this whole thing. I mean it hardly makes any sense. Should they not have a plan for repair or replacement?
NO glasses will work period. And they're is only a couple of models that will work.
my only option at this point ( because I cannot return them) is to try and take them apart to see if I can get a battery, or send them out or back to panasonic ( that's even if they do it..I don't even know)
I've been on live chats with them, and they really have no idea on why my glasses are not working. They either have no knowledge on the model or the 3D glasses.
There are 3D glasses that are universal which I can look into. If I go this route, do you which would be best
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

I'm not sure what universal glasses you're referring and there is no guarantee they will work with this TV so please stick with branded glasses, however, you can try to open the glasses to find out what type of battery it has, honestly I haven't opened up any glasses and service manual of glasses doesn't provide such info as well, its 2 page manual and useless to provide repair info for the glasses.

I hope you would get good quality glasses this time from Panasonic that would last longer.

Thanks and wish you good luck!

Shahid.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was on the panasonic live chat for a a couple minutes before I got disconnected. But this agent and was the only one that has ever said I can replace the battery.
Can you confirm
She said pg 10 or 11 maybe
Expert:  Shahid replied 9 months ago.

Sure, open up the glasses carefully and battery model number would be written on it, as I mentioned related service manual of glasses doesn't contain such info or I have had given it to you.

Thanks.