Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Why does my sharp tv at 1;30 everyday air the and restless

Customer Question

why does my sharp tv at 1;30 everyday air the young and restless in spanish my other tvs are fine
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Is this sound only not picture or both?

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
of course it is the sound in spanish
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
dont know of any spanish pictures????

OK the problem is the SAP (secondary audio programming) is switched ON and needs to be switched off in the settings menu it may also be termed MTS either way it needs to be off

There are some places and some smart sets that switch in the pic and sound in spanish

If you do not see this either on the remote as a button or in the settings menu of the TV please let me know, also many boxes have MTS and SAP so you may need to go into the settings for the box also

Any probs let me know thanks

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page with this post thank you, ***** ***** positively enables me to receive credit from the site thanks again, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

I cant use the phone facility sorry technical issues, please text back, texting in any case is the best way to deal with this thanks again

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have the sap turned off i have it in stero

Have you checked both the TV and any box you are using?both will have separate SAP

If that is OFF please look for an MTS button on the remote control for the TV or the box and press that make sure again its off

Its ONLY the SAP or MTS that can cause this

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
on my video button i have the choice of stero, sap,mono i have it on stero

Have you checked the box settings?

Do you have a satellite or cable box

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have a little adapter box wirh comcast it doesn have any buttons

OK just give me a couple of mins

Look at the manual here <<clcik

In the audio menu there may be an option to select a language for a digital channel does that option work for you?

If not this has to be a problem with the box so do you only have this one little adaptor box?or two boxes?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i have english designated on my tv
what im going to do is go to comcast and exchange the boix and be done wirh it

Yes its the only logical conclusion, you could try and reboot the box by unplugging from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again if that does not work and they cant help you how to switch off the SAP (with the box) then yes the box will need to be swapped.

Let me know if I can do anything else thank you

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you wish you could have helped

Sorry I am not sure why you think I have not helped?its the SAP with the box??you would not have known that if I had not provided the info?

So now you are happily going to get another box?for a tech to come around to your home and tell you this same info would cost $100

minimum

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i already knew that but thought it might be another probllem so you reaklly didnt tell me anything i did nit know thought it could be something else

Look you don't have to pay I have responded to you and gave you all the info you need you simply did not know anything about this issue so please spare me the indignity, I have wasted my time ,time that I havent really got today helping you please any how have a good day

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i would be happy to spare your dignity but, i already knew everything you told me
thank you for trying
have a good day

I beg to very much differ