Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

This is ***** *****. I have a Tatung TM42 LCD monitor powers

Customer Question

HI, this is ***** *****. I have a Tatung TM42 LCD monitor powers on and gets the menu, etc. It says no signal and seems not to be able to select any thing other than Component Video. I have a DVD player with component outputs, but I have not been able to hook it to this monitor yet to see if I get picture. Any ideas what would not allow it to change inputs. I told it to do reset from menu, but no change.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am wearing blue jeans and a red polo shirt!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Offhand, some monitors won't let you change the Input if it doesn't detect an Input signal... so you mentioned the DVD player- why haven't you tried plugging that in yet? Do you have it there- can you give it a shot?

Also, can you verify the model is indeed TM42 and not TME42?