Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I'm trying to hook up my RCA home theater system... not sure

Customer Question

I'm trying to hook up my RCA home theater system... not sure how to hook up the cords... I have the red, yellow, white cords
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have all the speaker wires connected... they are color coated... but not sure how to hook the system to my tv
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so... it was hooked up to this tv just the other day, but someone undid it, and I can't find my directions for hooking it up now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you please provide the complete model number of each device being used here?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Home Theater System is RCA DVD Home theater system RTD3276H
TV IS Panasonic Model #TC-P46X3
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have the cord that has Red, White, and yellow plugs on both ends
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello?? Are you still there???
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If no one is going to answer me, then please refund my money
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I am here, but please only send one response and give me an opportunity to respond. When you send multiple replies moments apart, you get pushed down the queue each time and I don't get any of them.

If you wish to proceed, a few moments of patience would be appreciated so I have time to reply.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

While you can use the red/white/yellow, that is the least desirable option. You should use the hdmi connection if possible, so a hdmi cable from the output of the rca to the hdmi1 or hdmi2 port on the tv.

If you want to use the analog cables, then you'd have the red/white/yellow from the video OUT ports on the back of the rca, to the bottom row (video in) on the tv, and set the panasonic to the composite/video input mode.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Did you need any more help with this?