Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I CANNOT FIND A SKYPE APP TO DOWNLOAD ON MY NEW SONY ANDROID

Customer Question

i CANNOT FIND A SKYPE APP TO DOWNLOAD ON MY NEW SONY ANDROID TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Sharon.

Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately, the skype app/service is not available for this particular model. Though you may see some marketing documentation indicating that it does support skype, those are mostly from 3rd party websites with incorrect information.

This tv does not have the necessary drivers to support a camera and the firmware does not allow for use of a skype app, and as such there is no skype app available for download. Even if you could find one in a 3rd party app store or online, it will not run on this model.

There may be some options to use skype through an external streaming device such as a htpc however though. I can discuss other options for that, if you'd like.

Best regards ***** ***** for the news,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Did you need any more help with this?