Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Name is ***** *****
, I can't get my JBL SB300 to play

Customer Question

name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can't get my JBL SB300 to play sound through my Samsung TV. I don't want it hooked through anything else. Just my TV I have the red and white plugs correct and no sound is coming out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronics Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, Can you please provide the model number off of the back of the Samsung?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
UN50F5500AFXZA
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. Taking a look now.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay, your TV does not use RCA red and white for "Audio Out"- those are Inputs for the component connections. The TV you have uses an OPTICAL audio port (labeled "Digital Audio Out") on the back of it. The JBL also has an Optical port. You need to connect an optical cable (available at Best Buy, Radio Shack or even Wal Mart) from the TV to the soundbar, then go into the TV's SOUND settings and shut off the internal speakers. On the soundbar you then select the "D-IN" (digital input) to allow the sound to playback.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.