Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Just looking to see if anyone ever managed to fix a problem

Customer Question

just looking to see if anyone ever managed to fix a problem I have with a JVC tv
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: its a JVC LT32DA52J and it wont turn on, just flashes the blue light 5 times. There is no buttons on the TV to do a reset and after being unplugged from the wall for 5 days is still not working. Circuit board and capacitors look ok but I don't know how to test any of them
JA: Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: not really. The tv is not in warranty anymore , and im just trying to revive it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, determine if the "...flashes the blue light 5 times..." would immediately be after plugging back in or only after attempting to turn on:

• • if immediately upon plugging back in, then the most likely suspect would be the power supply;
  • • if only after attempting to turn on, then the JVC is kicking in auto-protect mode.

Post back with clear pictures of the insides of the TV, the individual boards particularly the power supply board.