Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have a 2003 w65613 and it stays on 5- 10 min and then cuts

Customer Question

I have a 2003 w65613 and it stays on for about 5- 10 min and then cuts off
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today. Your question is in the TV category. If you feel this is not the best category for your question, let me know and I will forward it to the appropriate group of Experts.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

The most common cause of this is bad or failing capacitors on the power board or another major board. The power board is the most common for this symptom. The first thing I would do is a visual inspection of the power supply and.look for buldging or leaking capacitors, even if only slightly. If you find any, replace them. In fact, while you are there you can replace them all. There will only be a handful on the power board. Just use caps that have the same.capacitance rating or slightly higher. Let me know what you find out there and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I'll take a look and let you know

OK. I look forward to hearing from you.

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience. It will not affect our ability to communicate and it will keep the question from going back into the open question pool.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I looked didn't see any blowed capacitors
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not swelled up

It's tough for me to tell from that distance and angle, because it can sometimes be very slight.

I'll take your word for it. But I would also check the other boards if you haven't. Beyond that, if you are familiar with using a multimeter and have one, we can check some voltages.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am and we can

Have you already checked the capacitors on all boards?

The next thing to do would be to measure the VS and VA voltages from the power supply. Ideally you can do this when it is working and when it stops working. If you find that the power is drawing down to 0, you can disconnect a single board and do the same test. if you have a board disconnected and it stops the voltage from dropping, then you have your culprit.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I'll do it later when I get home

OK. Let me know how you make out.