Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

I have Optimum Cable and Sharp LC-26SH12U LC-32SH12U

Customer Question

I have Optimum Cable and Sharp LC-26SH12U LC-32SH12U LC-37Sh12U. When I turn the TV on I get Please Wait and then the screen goes black. I have to turn the TV on and off until finally I get INPUT which I have on 3 with Cable as the selection. What am I doing wrong?
Many thanks for any help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello Eileen, I`m Jack a TV repairman

This tv is some 8 years old and it is about that time where it would need some service i`m afraid .

Its been pretty good this far but your tv`s power board now has weak/vented capacitors that need warm-up if you will before they get fully charged and i`m sure that once the tv has warmed up you can turn it off and on again normally .

What you have now are the first advanced warnings of failure , eventually (few weeks) it won`t turn on any longer .

Repairing or replacing that board would fix that and if you or a friend is handy with a scewdriver then this can be repaired at home .

The power board for this tv is not very expensive at around $40 but if this is not your cup of tea then a repair shop may charge somewhere around $120 if you take it to them , they will repair that board .

If you decide to go for the DIY approach let me know and i will help you along with parts and where to find them .

Hope this help and please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi Again Eileen,

As there can be a number of causes for this, I would like to rule these out before jumping to a conclusion.

Please let me know how you go with the instructions I gave.

Thank you