Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Where can I buy a remote control sharp lcdtv number on

Customer Question

where can I buy a remote control for a sharp lcdtv number on control GA274wjsa tv model 32" LC-32G2X/TU-32GAX
what does the balance of $34 cover
Does the balance amount cover the full cost of the remote and postage
Regards Neville
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Neville.

This is a paid, informational support site. The fee you are paying here is for chatting with a tech only, we don't sell anything directly.

I can provide you with the proper part numbers and information on where/how to purchase, but that would be a separate transaction/cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what will the cost for me to get the name of the place where to buy the remote and will there be any further cost involvedneville
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The amount you had agreed to pay to this site (the $34au) has already been charged, per the agreed upon terms.

The remote will be priced at whatever the various vendors are selling it at. I can only refer you to a seller, and you would then purchase the item directly from them.

Just a moment, please, while I find a source for you, and I'll pass along information shortly.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately because this is such an old model television, all parts for it are long discontinued, and there are very few sources for new remotes.

Typically there are 3 options here:

1) An oem/factory remote (exact replacement): http://bit.ly/1QZNrjY though this is very expensive, it would almost be better to just buy a new tv at that point

2) A "substitute" remote, which is like a universal remote but programmed exactly to replicate your original one even though it looks different: http://amzn.to/1o4j0xH

3) A basic universal remote which may operate some (but not necessarily all) functions of the tv.

4) A higher quality and fully programmable universal remote, which will operate all your devices: http://amzn.to/1JWPjZp This will be your best option

An OEM remote is ideal, because it will be exactly what the tv came with and work for all functions.

For older tvs and more obscure brands, these are nearly impossible to find though, or are extremely expensive. Universal remotes in general don’t’ work well or at all (only a few of the most basic functions), which generally leaves you looking at higher end universal remotes as the only option.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.