Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a JVC JLC37BC3000 and after a fuse every time I

Customer Question

Hey there I have a JVC JLC37BC3000 and after a blown fuse every time I turned it on it would only have the logo show. I unplugged everything and held the power button down and now it wont turn on at all
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Thats about it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

The logo remaining stuck on the screen means the Mainboard in the TV is locking up. These sets aren't designed to lose power generally, and a blown fuse does mean there was lots of current in the AC line, which eventually damages the Mainboard.

You can try leaving the TV unplugged for several hours or more in the hopes that it resets the processor, but if it does not then this would indicate the Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced.

If this is something you're looking to do yourself let me know and I will dig for a source for the part. Otherwise a shop will generally charge $225-$250 parts and labor for this repair.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot believe I just paid for that. Do you have any other options?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found more shit online for free, sorry to be a dick but like come on. you dont have any suggestions for how to reset the tv
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Honestly if there were a fix it all reset button I would gladly tell you where it is. If you want to fix the TV I told you I could help you. If you're unhappy with the answer, that doesn't change the facts. I will opt out and perhaps someone else can assist you.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If repairing the TV is working out too expensive for you, then you could sell it for parts and put the money towards a new TV set instead.