Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony Bravia model KDL52W4100 LCD television (52")

Customer Question

I have a Sony Bravia model KDL52W4100 LCD television (52") that I purchased in 2008. When the set is on for an hour it will go to black for a period of 2 to 5 seconds. It will continue to got to black as often as 20 times per hour. What is causing this problem?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When the set goes black the volume goes out also. We had the cable box replaced because we thought that was the problem. That was not the case. The colors on the set are still crisp and vibrant even after the picture returns.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?