Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

In the upper right hand corner of this picture a female plug

Customer Question

In the upper right hand corner of this picture a female plug fell off this board. One almost identical to the one directly to the left of it. I know most stuff can be soldered on. But I'm not quite sure how to reattach this can also be soldered or is there a special glue?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi jack I ripped this off. Having a heck of a time trying to fix a 72" Sammy dlp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to put anymore money into the tv than I already have. So I am looking to fix this instead of paying for a new dems board
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

This connector will need to be soldered and that is if the connector itself and the board are still in good shape

Can you give me the TV's model number anyway ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Difficult to say from the picture , can you also send me a picture of the connector`s underside ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Not the board but the part that fell off and where it connects to the board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the tv model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will have to get you those pictures when i get hom later. Are you familar with fixing DLPs? I may have a few questions during this process and i am looking for a expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For example when the tv was put back together with new bulb, and new balast the bulb would only spark and not light. Frustrating. New dlp chip too.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Well , for one thing , if you can`t fix that dmd board then the repair stops there and secondly you are involved quite far here , this is not just how to adjust the colors or connecting a dvd so without being there myself , my help may be limited .

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You replaced the dlp chip even though the tv wasn`t striking/firing the lamp ??

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

By the way , a lamp that will strike (spark) but does not come on usually indicates a defective lamp and if you got one of those amazon $30 knockoff then that wouldn't surprise me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lightbulb was a 90 dollar philips. Looked authentic. The tv was working fine until relaced the dlp chip.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

O.k then .

Are you equipped to solder connectors or shall we search for a dmd board ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the back of that part
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully here is a better pic
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Yep , you would need to reflow that solder and its going to be tricky without melting the plastic of that connector.

At the factory the pins are soldered and then the plastic slipped over the pins and set permanently so it means not made to be repaired hence the tricky part

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

The underside of the board is not related by the way , its a double sided board and what i meant was the underside of the ripped connector

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I will try to find a new board for a cheap price. If I accomplish that and I need help repairing how do I contact you in the future ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

You could log in justanswer and go to the tab above that says "my questions" , click on it and you will see this post .
You can also make yourself a shortcut on the desktop , a bookmark or copy this link;

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/e85392dac0f545e69a0ec3d2d28eec17

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hold it for a bit , I will give you that board exact part number

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Board part # *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

If that answers your questions for now please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you