Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We have a Viera TC-P65ST60 TV and just switched from the

Customer Question

We have a Viera TC-P65ST60 TV and just switched from the local cable co. to Direct TV. The Direct tv DVR was connected to the tv by and HDMI cable and worked fine in the beginning. Then we got messages on the screen that some cable networks were incompatible with our tv. (?) I called Direct tv and they said I had to change to RCA cables to watch those networks and they sent me the cables. Installing them apparently solved that issue, but when I try to use our separate dvd player which is connected by a separate HDMI cable to the tv-there is no connection any more and my wife is very upset... Apparently you can only use one system or the other the way it is. Is there a way I can turn on the HDMI input so we can watch dvd's?????????? Thanks! *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Can you see this reply ?

There should be no reason why the dvd player would not work anymore , send me a reply and we`ll figure this

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried going through all the menus on the tv and didn't find anything addressing the problem, but when I tried using the dvd later, it worked. So I'm not sure why it didn't work the first time, but everything is good now!
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Could be that your hdmi connection to the dvd got temporarily disconnected when you replaced the cables for the dish box .

Double check to make sure that cable is connected securely at both ends .

By the way , you should ask direct tv if the channels you could not receive are broadcasted in 4K ?

That's the only way your tv would not be compatible with that HDCP (protect scheme) format ,otherwise there would be a problem with their box , not the tv .

In any case ,glad you got thing worked out and let me know if you need help or have questions later on .

Cheers