Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Have a blue screen on my tv and my dish cable can't come in

Customer Question

have a blue screen on my tv and my dish cable can't come in
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i can't find my remote for this tv
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. My name is ***** ***** I am a different expert. Please go to the TV itself and find the buttons. Press Volume and let me know if the volume bar shows up on the screen please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the volume shows up on screen
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. This means your TV is either on the wrong Input, or simply lost the signal from the DISH box. Have you tried rebooting the dish box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in yet?

Also, do you have the DISH remote programmed to operate the TV- meaning turn it on and change Inputs, etc.?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i did this with dish
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay, I asked specifically IF the DISH remote was programmed to operate the TV- meaning turn it on and change Input. Can you reply to that?

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

On the DISH remote hit "TV", then hit "Input". Let me know what you see on your screen.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i don't understand what you mean. call me at(###) ###-####please
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my cell phone does not do text messages
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

I can't make a phone call right now. On the DISH remote hit "TV", then hit "Input". Let me know what you see on your screen.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the only thing the dish remote does is to turn the tv on and off
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

On the front of your TV can you find a button labeled either "TV/Video" or "Input" please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no there is button input on my tv
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i am unable to get your phones message nor do i understand your questions good bye
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Francis.

The issue here is that your tv is set to the wrong input OR there is a problem with the dish box itself.
Initially, unplug power to your dish box for 60 seconds to fully reboot it.

If no change, you can try plugging another device (dvd, etc) into the same input port on the tv to check if you get signal from it, isolating if this is a dish problem or a tv problem.

If dvd/other doesn't work either, then you've got a problem with the tv (input board defect, or set to wrong input mode). To proceed further, you will have to use a remote capable of controlling the tv, meaning the original factory tv remote. You will need to buy a replacement remote here: http://www.daewoo.newremotecontrol.com/catalog_item.php?catnum=48B3225C04&refnum=DTQ-20N2FC+Sub