Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I received the Lamp on Wednesday 27th, replaced on the 28th.

Customer Question

I received the Lamp on Wednesday 27th, replaced on the 28th. Watched a movie and the set didn't shut off. The color looked brighter but the black shade of 6 to 8 inches on the right side was still there. Is there an easy fix? We fixed half the problem.
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 10 months ago.

Is your model the HL5687WX/ or the HL5617WX/ ?? There's one extra number in your TV's model that shouldn't be there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
From the back of the TV Model is HL56187WX/XAA SERIAL # ***** VERSION PF01 When I ordered the lamp the numbers were right. Help.

There isn't an EASY adjustment...but there should be one for the "light tunnel alignment. I just have to figure out if the HL56187 has those instructions, or if I have to find another model clearly showing the 2 mini torx adjusters on top and back of the light tunnel.

That's why you have that black shading...unless one of your mirrors got hot enough to lose its adhesion. The tricky part..it could be you have the HL56187 OR it could be HLS 6187. Both are valid models, but Samsung usually only used 4 numbers in the DLP TV sets.