Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My inlaws have a Samsung ln40d550k1f tv purchased in 2011.

Customer Question

my inlaws have a Samsung ln40d550k1f tv purchased in 2011. turn it on and there is no sound or picture. power light at bottom rh corner is on and is red in color. tried menu diagnostic but nothing. screen is black
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: such as
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Does the power light change status (go on or off) when the power button on the TV is pressed?

Also, do you get any sign at all of the Samsung welcome screen when the TV is turned on?

Additionally, when did this problem occur- was it after a storm or power outage, etc.?

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.