Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Need some help on a 60 inch samsung led /lcd the problem

Customer Question

hey jack need some help on a 60 inch samsung led /lcd the problem with it is it wont come on after its been on for awnile unless i unplug it for a a few minutes im sure its the power supply or the main board the other thing is that it has a thin black line about ten inchs from the top and the led stand by lite flashes slowly when you trun it off what do you think i have not esr the caps are check any voltage on it thanks brent the model number on this tv is un60eh6003f thanks brent
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Hi Brent , thanks for requesting me .

Before going into anything i have to say that i was pretty much on my way out for tonight but could resume this tomorrow , otherwise i will repost your question for other experts to chime in .

Now i was reading what you said and there is one thing that may cut the troubleshooting fairly short .

About that line , you said that it is some 10 " from the top ?

Does that mean that it is horizontal across the screen and if so , does it go all the way across ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hey jack yes it is a horizotal black line all the way across the screen thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hey jack it is a horizotal black line all the way across the screen thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Still there ?

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

In that case if that line is there no matter what is on the screen and over the TV's own menu , you can stop the troubleshooting , sorry to say but you got a defective panel and I don`t think I have to tell you what this means .

You may be able to save some parts from it but the rest is good for target practice now.

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Anytime you have horizontal lines , shadows or blobs /spots etc. on a lcd tv and it shows over the menu then it is a sure sign of a defective panel.
As a rule of thumb the LCD panel cost around 80% of the original cost of the tv and then it has to be stripped down and rebuilt around the new panel and then again that is if you can find a new panel.
When under warranty most companies will replace the tv , not the panel.
Sorry to say but this makes the tv practically un-repairable due to the high cost and again that is even if you could find a replacement panel

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news today but i`d rather tell you straight and spare you a waste of time and money , for example you could have a local tech. come to your home to take a look but the service call will cost you 100 to $125 ( paid in advance) and you would get the same diagnostic .
If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.

Thanks again for requesting me .

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hey jack wanted to thank you for your info i knew that the screen was bad but kind o needed someone esle to say so too i have another ? for you while i got you on the hook its about a samsung 46 inch model un46es6100 f wont come on led lite just flashes at a slow pace dont see no caps puffed up main board or power supply got to be one or the other thanks brent
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Sorry brent but I`m not allowed to work on something else on this same post , you will have to open another post and you are welcome to request me but it has to be another post .

Them are the site rules and I have to abide by them sorry