Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Can I have a JVC Fi Model #FS6000 fixed. It is about 23

Customer Question

Can I have a JVC Hi-Fi Model #FS6000 fixed. It is about 23 years old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Lidia.

While it is possible, it is generally not worth the investment to do so.

For a player this age, there are certain "wear components", especially for the cd player section, such as the laser emitter/lens, which will wear out over time, and there just aren't parts stocked for these systems anymore. Even if parts can be found, you'd easily pay far more to have it repaired than the system is worth. These units were designed for an expected service life of 5-8 years typically, so it has served that many times over and really has no value left to it anymore. Even if you did fix the current issue, it won't extend the life of the system significantly, as other components will continue to fail with age and use.

You could buy a brand new system, with updated features and a fresh warranty, for less than you would spend on labor alone to repair this one.

Depending how you'd like to proceed though, I can help to find a local repair shop, or recommend replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards,