Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

How do I get sound out of my headphone on an XBR-65X810C?

Customer Question

how do I get sound out of my headphone jack on an XBR-65X810C?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Are you plugging into the side headphone jack on the TV? If so, do the TV's speakers MUTE when you plug into this jack?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
on the side and the tv speakers are turned off so as to use a 2:1 sound system.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Not sure what you mean by 2:1 system since you mentioned earphones? Can you please elaborate on what exactly you're connecting to the TV?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
rather than use the tv speakers, we bought a sound bar and subwoofer and so the manual had us switch of the tv speakers
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

So where do Bose earphones (what you originally mentioned) fit into this- since now you're saying soundbar/subwoofer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when someone wants to watch something in the other room, they put on wireless headphones but the new ones we bought didn't work so I tried to just plug in my bose earpieces but still got no sound
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
in other words, we turn down the sound coming from the bar/subwoofer so it can only be heard thru the speakers
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I mean through the headphones
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay the headphone jack will be muted- since you've shut the TV speakers off. You need to turn the speakers on in the TV menu in order to use the headphone jack. Please try that.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok, i'll go try...
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Okay thanks. Let me know. The headphone jack and the TV's speakers are connected internally, so when the TV speakers are off- the headphone jack will also be off. Turning the speakers on, then plugging into the headphone jack should fix this.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
did not work
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I noticed that the volume control on the tv now has a little speaker next to it when you turned it all the way down and it used to have a headphone icon when we tried the wireless headphones
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. Have you tried to reset the TV?

If not yet, turn on the TV. You can reset the TV to factory settings by pressing HOME, then select Settings > Storage & reset > Factory data reset.
WARNING: The reset will clear all of your customized settings including the [Parental lock] setting, network password *****

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.