Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 58" plasma tvthat occaisonally turnes its self

Customer Question

i have a 58" plasma tvthat occaisonally turnes its self off.whatcould the problem be?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
model #pn58b650s1f
hdmi cable from dvr cable box.
xbox 360 halo
sound bar and regular co ax in as seperate feed.yes problem is intermittent
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the info.

- Any part/ board replacement/ repair done to TV so far as an attempt to resolve the issue?
- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have unplugged the TV and left for 10 minutes. Replugged it in.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i am awaiting a reply sir.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Sorry, I was away from computer.

Does the problem persist after replugging TV?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it will ususally last a few weeks,but then it will do the samething again
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

I understand, we need bit more troubleshooting and leave the question open to continue.

I need following info while problem reoccurs..

- Does TV switch back On itself or you press power button to get it On?

- Does sound continue or also stop?

- If TV stays On but screen goes dark, press menu or volume button on TV or its remote, does any graphics/ volume bar appear?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
press power button. sometimes it willwork right away, sometimes it takes a bit more.
tv sound will stay intermittently,then goes away with the picture. once it goes out/it will notwork till it refreshes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

OK, how long TV have had this issue, any idea?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this just started here recently. nut frustrates me also
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the info, there are two circuit boards in TV that can be cause of problem, either power supply board which has got failing capacitors and causing intermittent switch Off issue OR the main board is failing. I would swap power supply board as first thing to resolve the issue. Please click following links to view power supply and main board images, part number info..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00280a-power-supply-unit.htm

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn94-02856b-main-board-for-pn58b650s1fxza.htm

Please confirm the part number written on board in TV if you're going to order and replace it in TV yourself. If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

I need to go offline now, do you need any further assistance with this TV question?

Thanks.