Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Roku is not working. Was okay and now it's flashing

Customer Question

My Roku is not working. Was okay for awhile and now it's flashing unauthorized content/disabled content. I pull the plug out and put it back in but it didn't help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, which ROKU version please? ...with an active subscription? And have you tried a RESET?

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

If the account is active, then consider a RESET. A reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed. If have not been done and should you venture to try on older models, there is a small recessed button at the rear of the unit that needs to be pressed using a dull pointed object such as a pen.