Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

How do I reset the lamp timer after replacing the lamp in my

Customer Question

How do I reset the lamp timer after replacing the lamp in my Sony KDS-60A3000?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a Sony TV and if the timer is not reset after replacing the lamp, it will continue to say that the lamp needs to be replaced. I'm trying to help an elderly customer with this problem
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the tv in front of you or you will be doing it yourself or just want info you can pass along to this customer ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

I don`t usually give answers before making first contact but I will trust you will do the right thing and rate me positively after reading it

This is how its done on this model ;

On the TV's remote press HOME and scroll down to SETTINGS then GENERAL then go to LAMP REPLACEMENT and follow the on screen prompts to reset the lamp hours meter.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you